Re: [OM] eSIF @ nbci R.I.P.

Subject: Re: [OM] eSIF @ nbci R.I.P.
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 23:56:23 +0200
: I just ran the stats.  Prior to the NBCi main site going down, the amount of
data flowing out of the eSIF mirror on taiga.ca was 36.7 MBytes/day.  Upon the
collapse of the NBCi site (approx. April 1st), the taiga mirror's traffic
increased to 211.1 MBytes/day.

Aaaaaaaaaargh. This is exactly what I was afraid of.

: If Hans can tell me the exact time NBCi went off-line, I could tell you
exactly how much the traffic increased.

I noticed it on te morning (CET) of April 2nd...

: But for now, and
: on average, someone's trying to replicate the site every day-and-a-half.

If this "someone" is on the list, please stop! If it continues I'll just have to
remove all the .pdf manuals. If he was afraid that the eSIF might be closed in
the future, he has been creating a self-fulfilling prophesy ...

hnz