RE: [OM] eSIF @ nbci R.I.P.

Subject: RE: [OM] eSIF @ nbci R.I.P.
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 15:07:14 -0600
At 02:48 PM 4/6/2001 -0400, Bill Welliver wrote:
>Can someone tell me how much bandwith is used by eSIF on any given day?
>(averages would be helpful). I could have a mirror up this weekend if that was
>something that was desired.

No problem.

I just ran the stats.  Prior to the NBCi main site going down, the amount of
data flowing out of the eSIF mirror on taiga.ca was 36.7 MBytes/day.  Upon the
collapse of the NBCi site (approx. April 1st), the taiga mirror's traffic
increased to 211.1 MBytes/day.  Approximately half of all the data served off
of the eSIF mirror has been served since the NBCi site went off-line.

If Hans can tell me the exact time NBCi went off-line, I could tell you exactly
how much the traffic increased.  But for now, and
on average, someone's trying to replicate the site every day-and-a-half.

Garth