Re: [OM] Postage charged by eBay sellers

Subject: Re: [OM] Postage charged by eBay sellers
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 03:48:55 -0400
Not true. Packages below 11 ounces (small boxes, or envelopes) can be sent First
Class for much less money (sometimes less than half), and similar service to
Priority. These packages can also be insured for the same insurance costs.
Parcel
Post is also lower, and also can be insured, and includes larger packages. This
takes longer than Priority, unless its within your half of the US (where
Priority
makes no sense). Here, prices are also sometimes much lower, such as by a few
dollars.

The new Priority price structure seems to be set up for the influx of Ebay
shipments. Lucky for the Post Office, many seem to assume that Priority is
simply
the ONLY way worth going, and tend to ignore the Parcel Post, & First Class
services - thinking that they are worse, which is simply not true. They miss out
on lower rates, mostly similar ship times, and always insurable for safety...

Also, amidst possible arguments, you definately can use Priority boxes for First
Class, or Parcel Post by turning them inside out. Another option that also has
ALWAYS worked for me is simply covering up the "Priority" markings on the box,
and the clerk will then stamp the package "Standard Mail" for Parcel Post, or
"First Class" for first class (obviously). This is the case at any post office
I've been to (Yes, here in NY where everbody gets "mugged", and no one is nice).
If a particular postal clerk won't do it, he is simply WAY too anal. :)

Larry