Re: Re: [OM] focus - off

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] focus - off
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 15:02:23 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Chris O'Neill wrote:

> [Details on testing/fixing focus removed to save space...]
>
> That was VERY interesting!  Thanks!  You *did* say that you can use the
> same procedure to test the focus on the OM bodies....  right???  If so,
> maybe that test procedure should be in the OM Repair FAQ?

I "tested" the OMs mainly to verify the technique - I knew they focused
correctly.  I don't think it would be a good idea to put this in the OM
repair FAQ (unless it now deals with rangefinders too) simply because
there isn't any way of adjusting the position of the focusing screen in
an OM body (is there?).  Apart from taking it out altogether, that is.
Attempting to adjust the position of the film rails is not something I'd
want to recommend ;)

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |