Re: [OM] focus - off

Subject: Re: [OM] focus - off
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 12:14:14 +0100 (BST)

On 30 Mar 2001, Alan wrote:

> One thing I've noticed is that I consistently focus just behind the subject.
> I've observed this with several images now taken with different bodies.

Whilst it's wildly unlikely that the focusing of all your bodies could
be out, it might be worth checking.  I recently used my 35RD in dim
lighting for the first time since I sorted out the shutter speed
selection problem it had, and noticed that the focusing was consistently
inaccurate. At least, the bit I thought I'd focused on was out of focus
slightly and whatever was just behind it was in focus.  Testing the
focusing at the image plane with a spare focusing screen & a loupe
revealed that it was indeed the tool and not the workman this time.
We'll politely overlook the minor detail that the workman was to some
extent culpable for the state of the tool, won't we?

After a bit of tweaking and a few test frames, it's now much better.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |