Re: [OM] two OM questions

Subject: Re: [OM] two OM questions
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 08:21:56 -0400
1) Slower film would be better, Delta 100 or such. They'd also help give you wider f/stops for nice out-of-focus backgrounds. I wouldn't use filters for people.

2) Many shutters trail at the upper speeds. Those are the first speeds to get out of whack due to the low tolerance for adjustments, narrow slit width, and high tension. But your comment is most likely individual sample variation. The horizontally travelling shutter of the OM-4Ti is right at its upper design limit at 1/2000. All the 1/4000-1/12000 shutters are vertically travelling metal shutters. It was a shame that Olympus never moved to that higher speed design. It would have given us a 1/125 or 1/250 synch speed. Maybe John H could shed some light on this high-speed trailing?

Skip