Re: [OM] Goodbye

Subject: Re: [OM] Goodbye
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 10:10:18 EST
In a message dated 3/31/01 5:42:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>snip<
> Let it roll off your back.  We don't want to lose such a valuable
>  contributor to the list.
>snip<

Well said, Tom.  I wasn't going to comment on-list (I just wrote Skip
off-list with the same encouragement), but sitting here (before coffee)
thinking about it, I think a point was missed earlier, which may have helped
to set off the rant(s).  And that is, several people ARE "tracking"
purchases, not of individuals per se, but just price trends in general.  And
that information (Skip Williams site, Chris O'Neill's work, and even your
occaisional helpful posts, Tom, to someone looking to buy something) provides
an invaluable database for making bid/offer/purchase decisions.  It seems
obvious to me, at least, that all this price tracking is being done in a
spirit of philanthropy.

Stay Skip.  Or at least make it a brief sabbatical.  I use your site almost
every day!  (http://www.skipwilliams.com/index.html)

Rich