Re: [OM] Goodbye

Subject: Re: [OM] Goodbye
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 07:41:23 -0600
Cc: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Skip,

Don't go off list because of this.  I don't think all this was really
directed at you, and certainly not by the majority.  It went from an
observation on your post to an intellectual discussion.

Personally, I thought your observations were dead-bang on and interesting
conversation topics.  You're right about it being impersonal and everything
we right could be taken several ways, but I knew you were kidding and it
surprises me that others didn't.  Let's face it, I take a lot of abuse for
my purchasing habits and I know most people are kidding. The people that
aren't, I just ignore.

It is kind of the same with the BIN posts.  I think they're valuable, and
I'm the one posting most of them.  Even if it is for a common item, I'd
rather see it go to a listmember.  The 28-48 was a perfect example.  They're
unusual and hard to find at that price.  Heck, I would have bought it for
$139, as I suspect my snipe was close to that.

You'll always have disagreements on a list about lots of things.  We can't
please everyone.  It's a community and occasionally there are pi**ing
matches.

Let it roll off your back.  We don't want to lose such a valuable
contributor to the list.  I wouldn't be the zuikoholic I am without the
incredible information you provided (ok, you could read that two ways <g>).

I would hope that those that directed their wrath at you would step up and
apologize.

Tom