Re: [OM] Goodbye

Subject: Re: [OM] Goodbye
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 09:03:34 -0500
Cc: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Skip-
I've been mostly lurking on this list for about a year now. I've seen many
instances where the assumed inflection/intent of a line were mistaken and
blown out of proportion. We've had many occasions where feathers get
ruffled, and the daily message count bloats beyond usability. I've even
found that when I post, I usually get at least one response that is so off
the mark that I wonder if they read the original at all! Not to mention the
growth of the list.

Don't go away angry, miffed or disappointed. I think the sheer number of
members simply changes the character of the group a bit. We can no longer
count on our comments to be understood by all. Our humor is lost on some,
and provokes the 'thought police' in others. But so what? If the people you
are communicating with understand, the rest are just noise in the street.

Don't go at all! If you don't want to post to the group, I know that
personal responses will always be welcome. Maybe that's the way it ought to
be.....

Regardless of what you choose, I want you to know that I've appreciated your
knowledgable participation and wit. Sorry you've had a bad row of it lately.

Mickey