Re: [OM] Paris-London pics

Subject: Re: [OM] Paris-London pics
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:12:43 -0500
Thanks Tom. The narrative/link approach was due to my rusty skills with web
page construction. It's quick to put together, and efficient to take the
family and friends through the chronology of the trip. Unfortunately, if you
have multiple images relating to a single reference, you have to be either
wordy, or more creative than I. ('Big' and 'Ben' were separate links...)

I used a new piece of 'equipment' on this journey that I wasn't so sure I'd
be comfortable with. I got a photographer's vest from a seller on the mega
auction site. It was so much more convenient than carrying a bag. I had a
small tripod (Hakuba BR-5) in the 'quiver' on the back, film, lenses and
accessories in the many pockets, and maps too. I didn't notice too many
queer looks and soon felt right at home with it. For me, it's a keeper.

While I was using the OM 2 and 4, my wife was using the IS-20 ZLR. I can't
praise it enough. We have noticed a little problem with the autofocus in
darker conditions, and when infinity is non substantial, like the London Eye
accross the Thames. But 99.90f the time, it's a real champ. The locking
focus (drag and drop so-to-speak) is usually the saving grace. It's helped
unlock my wife's creative use of the camera. She's a P&S devotee, not
wanting to deal with the ins and outs of the medium. Unfortunately, most of
the P&S's she's used have turned out to be P'sOS. This one has been good for
her- and I like it too!

Mickey