Re: [OM] In a possible defense of ebay?

Subject: Re: [OM] In a possible defense of ebay?
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:59:47 +0100
John A. Lind wrote:
> ...just before auction close, Bidder #3 retracts.  The price
> drops back to something lower than average, and Bidder #2 wins . . . at
one
> bid increment above Bidder #1's low maximum....

An interesting scenario. A snipe bid should be able to defeat this chicanery
though. I've twice cancelled esnipe bids when the price has rocketed beyond
all reason but I won't in future. Thanks John.

So far I've mostly used esnipe for closing times when I'd be off line and
I've only been successful once and that was when I was the high bidder
already.

- Keith