Re: [OM] 1 Hour Photo = Blurred Pictures/Curled Film

Subject: Re: [OM] 1 Hour Photo = Blurred Pictures/Curled Film
From: "Michael Gardner" <mikeg@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 22:04:07 -0500
It seems unlikely that your whole kit suddenly went bad!
If you don't have a light box and loupe then put the negs strip by strip
(holding them flat) up against a bright window (not direct sun) and use your
50mm lens for a loupe.  Look through the rear of the lens with the outer end
of the lens just above the negs.  A fifty makes a great loupe!  Check the
negs for sharpness.  Look at clearly defined edges in the image.  If you
don't see the same blurring you have in the prints, then you are OK.  Sounds
like the negs were improperly dried if they are curved. You might try
flattening them by carefully placing them under a few heavy books on a flat
surface for a day or two before you try getting them printed again.

Good luck,
Mike Gardner