[OM] 1 Hour Photo = Blurred Pictures/Curled Film

Subject: [OM] 1 Hour Photo = Blurred Pictures/Curled Film
From: "Russell A. Hunter" <rahunter@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 20:10:06 -0600
I got some pictures back today from a 1 hour photo lab and the pictures
were blurred badly.  I used an OM-1 with a 24mm/2.8 lens a 28mm/2.8 and a
50mm/1.8, all Zuiko.  All of the pictures were blurred similarly.  The film
was Kodak Max 400 which I just bought and had an expiration date in 2002.
I used this camera and the 28mm about two weeks ago with excellent results
and also used the camera a week ago with a zoom lens with good results.
The same lab, but a different technician, developed the previous 28mm
pictures.  The negatives from the blurred pictures have a distinct
curvature across the width of the film where other negatives I have are all
flat.

The lab blamed it on my camera, but, I dont believe it.  Any idea what they
may have done to this film?  The negatives appear to have sharp images on
them but without enlarging the images, it's hard to tell.  I may take the
negatives somewhere else to get reprinted.

Russell A. Hunter
rahunter@xxxxxxxxxx