Re: [OM] Schools/Photo education Was: Nikon School

Subject: Re: [OM] Schools/Photo education Was: Nikon School
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:35:13 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Jim Couch wrote:

> Eric,
>
> What I would suggest is joining a local camera club. Clubs are inexpensive,
> and you will get to meet a lot of folks, some who are probably interested in
> the same kind of stuff that you are. Check out clubs in your area, what I
> think you would want is a club that does monthly outings and offers
> CONSTRUCTIVE criticism of your slides/prints.
>
> Jim Couch

Jim, you are so right. Sadly, though, such clubs are in short supply. Many
a comment is given on the merits of tradition "but in a landscape photo
you must have leaves from trees in the top to frame the picture" or some
such comments not taking into account that (just like with Perl) "there is
more than one way to do it". However there are good clubs (I was
fortunate to run into one at some point in the past) where you cat get
good, fair critics.

Otherwise, invest in a slide-scanner, and get your photos on TOPE or your
own www-page somewhere. I am sure that the bunch of zuikoholics would be
pleased to comment on your work....

--
Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen