Re: [OM] Re: [OT] DOS history

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] DOS history
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 08:46:17 -0500
At 5:53 PM -0800 3/7/01, Nick Taylor wrote:

Jim Caldwell wrote:

Way off topic - but did anyone every hear how Kildall died?  I only heard it
was a blow to the head, but I've never heard the full story.

There was very little in the computer news when Kildall died in about '94.
He was in his early 50's.  I read various reports, all conflicting:  he
fell off a ladder, he had a heart attack, and I seem to remember one report
that he died in a bar.

Alas the last is apparentlythe true story (or at least was in the wires at
the time). One of those freak incidents: someone knocked him down, he hit his
head and busted a blood vessel, no one noticed because they thought he'd just
been stunned... The whole story was terribly sad.

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx