Re: [OM] loose focusing Zuiko?

Subject: Re: [OM] loose focusing Zuiko?
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 11:01:52 -0000
Frank <frankrad4@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>       I recently received the 35-70/3.5-4.5 that I got on ebay for the
> BIN deal of $120.00. It is a clean lens and the elements look fine
> but............
>   When I turn the focusing ring there is some play at first then it feels
> ok until I rotate it in the opposite direction. The image looks sharp
> across the whole focusing range but the looseness really bugs me, it just
> doesn't have that zuiko quality feel. ...

Mine is exactly the same but it's like new in all other respects so I don't
think it's caused by excessive wear. When first mounting it on the camera
the focus 'slop' is mildly irritating, but after a few minutes of use I stop
noticing it and the results from it have always been excellent. If there's a
quick fix I'd be interested but otherwise I don't think it's worth worrying
about.

Regards,
- Keith