Re: [OM] loose focusing Zuiko?

Subject: Re: [OM] loose focusing Zuiko?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 17:03:52 -0800
Hi Frank:

<< 35-70/3.5-4.5 ............  When I turn the focusing ring there is
some play at first then it feels ok until I rotate it in the opposite
direction. The image looks sharp across the whole focusing range but the
looseness really bugs me, it just doesn't have that zuiko quality feel.

FWIW, there is no play in a top quality example. They doesn't have
machined precision to the helical, but there is no slop, either.

As long as the elements stay aligned and there is no lateral wiggle, or
movement when you push or pull the barrels, you'll probably be OK
picture-wise.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV