Re: [OM] Prism replacement

Subject: Re: [OM] Prism replacement
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 08:05:04 -0500
Tim said:
<snip>
Since you can buy a dead OM10 for about $20-30 and pull off the prism,
it is
just not worth it.  John Hermanson mentioned previously that the OM10
has the
same prism as on the OM1. <snip>
Might this also hold for the OM-G prism?  I haven't removed to top cover
but I have an OM-1 which looks through the viewfinder like it might be
suffering from some sort of prism rot.  There are two brownish, hazy
spots at the bottom edge of the finder equally spaced left and right. If
I look obliquely through the finder I can see that these spots appear to
cross over an edge of the prism.

Anyhow, I have a parts OM-G and am wondering if its prism is a suitable
replacement also.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA