Re: [OM] OM-2n at EI 1600??

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n at EI 1600??
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:50:53 EST
A couple of thoughts-
There are such things as sound checks and lighting checks several hours
before the concert. I've seen these times vary widely. Sometimes the arena is
closed, sometimes it's open to the public during these. Maybe one could get a
meter reading during a lighting check. Another trick would be to leave your
seat and nonchalantly walk past the stage and grab a fast reading with you
camera and walk back to your seat (during the concert). Then set the camera
manually to that and leave it there.

I don't have them in front of me right now, but there are exposure guides
that explain what settings should work for various stage lighting, whether
spotlighted or not. These are generally 'guides' only, actual results may
vary, but they do work.

A camera with a spot meter is better than one without. You can fit a long
lens so the subject of interest fills the spot metering circle, take your
reading, then set the camera back to manual and leave the setting alone for
the night.

Regards,
George S.