Re: [OM] newly introduced

Subject: Re: [OM] newly introduced
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:40:22 EST
<<A lot of us answer your question from our own points of view- that is, we'd
recommend all sorts of expensive glass, macro set-ups, winders, grips,
ni-cads, etc that you may never be interested in. So stick with something
inexpensive and you can always grow your kit from there if the Zuikoholism
hits you.>>

One last comment, and I'll let everybody else have the floor:
...but I think this is a great point about Olympus OM.  You _can_ grow into
the system.  In other words, you should be able to find reliable lenses and
bodies for a while (used, of course), but by the time you want to add a lens
to your AF wonderbrick technology may have moved on.  Then you are left
buying used equipment with largerly unrepairable (or so I've been told)
polycarbonate bodies and housings who's electronics may or may not function.
The problem exists with Oly bodies, but problems with the lenses (aside from
being dropped) are pretty easily visible by a good close inspection or just a
few simple questions to a seller.
       Okay, I'm to $0.04 and have used my alloted change.......completely
opposite views still welcome :)

--p.j.