Re: [OM] New Bloke

Subject: Re: [OM] New Bloke
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 21:00:25 -0800 (PST)
John F Wheeler wrote:
Greetings from the Wide Brown Land.

I've just joined the list having come across an OM-2 with 50mm f1.8
Auto-S, Body serial 369583. I've been spending a day a week as a
volunteer at a local charity fixing donated secondhand computers when I
spotted the camera. Being a bit of a photo nut in the past (65 years
young, just retired) I pounced and managed to secure the beast.

A test film produced excellent results so the new toy looks in danger
of becoming the newest obsession.

The only problem seems to be that the diaphram gets sticky on the
smaller apertures and fails to return to wide-open position. I've
removed the back plate from the lens and had a little play to see if it
could be freed but not wanting to upset focus etc didn't wish to
proceed further.

Is this a common problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Regards,
John Wheeler
Collaroy Plateau NSW
Australia

Welcome to the list, John. I'm sure somebody will be able to advise
you. (Unfortunately, I can't!) The OM-2 is a great camera and I hope
you enjoy it. You live in a marvellous area for photography! I also
used to live in the northern beaches (Nth Narrabeen) but move to
Indonesia over 10 years ago.

Regards,

Ray