Re: [OM] I'm curious

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm curious
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 13:32:46 -0800
Observations:

Odd thing is that the MD label looks like a decal or sticker, and it's not
even straight. The MD on my OM-1 is a medallion with enough depth to extend
through the leatherette. A close look at the .jpg front view seems to
suggest a disturbance in the shading to the left of the decal. The alignment
of the decal is in perfect order with the pixels of the image. Coincidence?
The metal lines of the top cover, above and below the decal, are slightly
off of alignment to the pixels. I'm suspicious. Even though the bottom
clearly displays the MD capability, I wouldn't be at all suprised to find
that the MD label isn't really on the camera. If it really is on the camera,
I'd expect it to be a rare bird indeed.

The seller indicates the meter is off about 4 stops. Could this be the
result of using alkaline batteries which are a higher voltage than the
original mercury?

I'd be concerned about the 'separation' of the prisim. Sounds like trouble
looms....

Mickey