Re: [OM] I'm curious

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm curious
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 13:46:18 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Mickey Trageser wrote:

> Odd thing is that the MD label looks like a decal or sticker, and it's not
> even straight.

It probably is a sticker, I know Olympus USA at one point used to put little
"USA" stickers on the front of the cameras.  Maybe they did something
similar with the MD bodies that didn't have the MD badge.

> The seller indicates the meter is off about 4 stops. Could this be the
> result of using alkaline batteries which are a higher voltage than the
> original mercury?

Doesn't an alkaline battery throw the meter off only 1.5 stops?  4 stops
is quite a bit.

> I'd be concerned about the 'separation' of the prisim. Sounds like trouble
> looms....

Yeah, especially since he descibes the problem as being where the prism is
"glued inside". Umm, the prism is a sold piece of glass and isn't glued
anywhere!  The only "glue" is on the protective tape which some prisms
have on the top, and that doesn't cause problems.
                                        -mark