Re: [OM] I'm curious

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm curious
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 18:05:54 +0100
: > Maybe it has been converted from non-MD to MD?
: > Olympus did offer the converseion for the first OM-1's
:
: It could be, but since it doesn't have slotted screws on the lens mount,
: it's probably not that old.  It also appears to not have the externally
: visible meter cam (just under the top of the lens mount screw) so it's
: definitly not one of the earliest OM-1's.  The "MD" label looks pretty
: official so I suspect either Olympus or a service centre put it there.

Isn't that MD label just a button that is glued onto the leatherette? My guess
is that it came off and the owner did not know the right place where to glue it.

Btw, some people just have a vivid imagination how OM bodies are supposed to
look like, and how they can be modified. Look for instance what I found  ;)
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/veluwen/m-soup.jpg

Ot should I mention what kind of skin Hannibal Lecter used to decorate his OM
body?? ;)

hnz