RE: [OM] What to buy?

Subject: RE: [OM] What to buy?
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 21:11:56 -0700

I just ordered a 650-1300mm zoom from a company in Germany. They have been
selling these on EBAY. I have no idea how good the image quality will be,
but if you have enough light, it may be a way to get some good bird
pictures. Another lens that is not too expensive is the Celestron 90 mirror
lens which has a focal length of 1000mm at f-11.  Focusing is difficult but
the image quality isn't bad if you have no light reflections. Reflected
light appears as circles. I've used one of these for years, sometimes with a
2X multiplier. I have not priced one lately but I think they cost about $450
US.

Last week I tried to shoot flying ducks with a 300mm on a shoulder pod.
Just as I was getting the timing worked out a part fell off my motor winder
so will have to renew that challenge another day.

/jnm