Re: [OM] OT ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] OT ebay
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 07:27:42 -0700
On 22 Feb 2001, at 8:34, John Hermanson wrote:

> They're trying to end the awful practice of the seller completing a
> transaction with a high bidder when the reserve price isn't reached.

Not that *I* have ever done that, but how is e-Bay going to prevent
that???  If I wanted to, I could look-up the buyer's e-mail address and
then send them an e-mail using my client.  Or, do you mean that
everyone will have a username@xxxxxxxxx address?  If so, it doesn't
matter...  I'd just use that address to send a "contact me at
coneill@nucleus please" message.

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  I predict that what e-Bay will eventually do is up their listing fee
and drop the final value fee.  That'd get them more money without having
to worry 'bout who's "cheating" on the "reserve not met" auctions.

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill