Re: [OM] OT ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] OT ebay
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:23:27 -0700
At 08:34 AM 2/22/01 -0500, John Hermanson wrote:
Ebay is coming out with a new email system that prevents bidders and sellers
communicating directly, email has to be sent to ebay and then they forward
it.

They're trying to end the awful practice of the seller completing a
transaction with a high bidder when the reserve price isn't reached.

There's an easy way around that. Instead of having cute "handles" or nicknames, use your *real* e-mail address as your name when you list something. You can also list your e-mail address directly in the text you post.

I've always been 'garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' on eBay. Can't see why people shouldn't be able to contact me directly, and I'm more than willing to put up with the few d*ckheads that'll undoubtedly abuse it.

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/