Re: [OM] Multiple unconnected flash pics?

Subject: Re: [OM] Multiple unconnected flash pics?
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:35:07 -0500
Hi Rainer,

I painted the foreground in a photo with a T20 (by shorting out the shoe contacts) and a red keychain light. I wasn't using an OM 2 but an OM 4T but the process should be the same. Go to http://www.millennics.com/olympus/tope/gallery.html and look down near the bottom at Gregg Iverson. The details are spelled out for you if you click on the photo. I didn't worry about compensation for the long exposure, but I did have to correct for the light pollution using mercury vapor night lights in the neighborhood.

Gregg

Rainer wrote:
Hi all,
In one earlier flash thread somebody mentioned the unique possibility of using the OM2 in auto mode in the dark and then use an unconnected flash to sort of "paint"
the scene with light, until the camera has collected enough and closes the
shutter. Has anybody really used this and are there examples of pictures
available? (This was one of the features of the system that impressed me most when i read about it in the seventies. Could not afford Oly gear at that time, only got my first OM 2 three years ago.) Are there additional corrections that have to be
considered?
Thanks!
Rainer
(By the way, this is the most active and friendly list that I have seen up to
now!)