[OM] Kiron Lenses and OMs

Subject: [OM] Kiron Lenses and OMs
From: "Clint Spesert" <clint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 19:27:45 -0800
I've been using Olympus OM products for 20+ years.  I have several Zuiko
lenses, but I seem to use my Kiron 28-85 f \ 2.8-3.8 more than my Zuiko lenses.
 This Kiron has been owned by me since new in 1980.  I have taken thousands of
shots with it and it still performs great.  But wear and tear has caused the
one touch zoom to creep (more like sprint) when you try to aim at anything more
than 2 degrees up or down.  Are there any other Kiron OM users like me?

Anybody looking for a value in a non-Zuiko lens should view the "Cult Classics
in 3rd Party Lenses" page:

http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/third/cult.html  (No connection to me)

They seem to have a lot of info on the major players in the 3rd party market.
I recently purchased a used Kiron 28-200 f \ 4-5.6 (for a paltry $77) because
of the remarkable sharpness tests they presented for this lens compared to
prime lenses.  I've taken a few shots to test it out and the viewfinder seems
to be as sharp as my 35-105 Zuiko.  Time and photos will tell.

Clint Spesert