Re: [OM] Film -- Slide Permanence

Subject: Re: [OM] Film -- Slide Permanence
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 03:36:30 +0000
At 19:21 2/17/01, you wrote:
While not a direct answer to your question, I would like to raise the
subject of slide permanence.

Chromes in general have better permanence, although there are a few that are lacking. The best, by far, is Kodachrome. I have my father's Kodachrome archive. There are many approaching 50 years old. Projected, they look like the day they came back from processing. No detectable fading or color shift. Some of the very early Ektachrome supposedly had some problems. However, Kodachrome is followed by Ektachrome in archival longevity.

Agfa's Scala 200X, the only B/W transparency, supposedly has outstanding archival qualities also.

-- John