Re: [OM] Zuikoholics Anonymous Announcement

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuikoholics Anonymous Announcement
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:21:41 +1100
Chris
While we all appreciate your sterling efforts on our behalf (and your own)
this "send me all your Oly gear" nonsense has to stop. Some of us are
beginning to suspect that, far from a genuine rehabilitation program, the
ZA procedure is little more than a sham, a front to feed your own
degenerate addiction.
Listen carefully - IT'S MINE ALL MINE I TELL YOU AND YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT!

If you are serious, it's time to contact a philandering...whoops, sorry, a
philanthropic organisation (always confuse those two) with a proposal to
set up an international charity for which you need a seed grant. Point out
that unless they support those addicted to a disappearing system now, soon
an entire generation of desperate (mostly) middle-aged men will litter the
streets outside once fine camera stores (now reduced to P&S/digital
outlets) generally causing a nuisance and disturbing the peace with their
incessant whining and pleading for just one small flash adaptor ring for a
manual version of a bellows macro lens. "Can you spare a dollar for an Oly
light funnel" will become a constant wheedling demand around city stations.

The first steps have been undertaken down under with Wayne organising a
'full moon' night excursion to a now sadly defunct Melbourne insane asylum
(sorry I dipped out mate - too depressed that night!) Some further steps
now need to be taken.
An International Zuikoholism day needs to be organised - using a poster
based on Chris's sidewalk self portrait (tugs at the heart and purse
strings). Perhaps a black lapel ribbon would be appropriate, symbolic of
the orginal black OM neckstrap and the stranglehold it has on some of us.
Any money raised must be used to purchase rarer Oly items from eBay so that
they may be held in trust for future treatment programs (Australian clinic
address available on request) and so that the more desperate addicts are
consistently outbid. They can then spend their money on less enticing items
like food and mortgage repayments.
Andrew
Still wallowing