RE: [OM] 28-48 Zuiko (Was OM Prices in Melbourne)

Subject: RE: [OM] 28-48 Zuiko (Was OM Prices in Melbourne)
From: "Stephen Border" <sborder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 17:18:01 +1000
Well I've been quite pleased with the results.  I tend not to use zooms wide
open, but stopped down one or two stops. Performance is perfectly adequate
for my needs but then I'm not going much over 8"x10".  I also have a
65-200/4 and this covers a lot with just two lenses.  Only drawback is the
need for two different filter sizes. Not a big drawback since I tend not to
use filters that much.

I actually have two of these, a nice clean one that I mentioned and another
that came with a beat up (very) OM20 and a Tokina 50-250 for about $90US.
The 28-48 is the only bit of that package worth using and although its a
beater it performs OK.  Focus ring is a bit tight and the rubber is coming
loose. It lives on my ugly OM1 body, (if there is such a thing) the one I
used to use caving.

Stephen