[OM] Another "viewfinder" point to ponder

Subject: [OM] Another "viewfinder" point to ponder
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 15:31:06 -0800 (PST)
I'm reading lots of comments lately about how the
newer OM bodies have dimmer viewfinders.

For years I never noticed ANY real difference in
viewfinders between my OM-2S and the OM-1md or OM-2md.
The semi-silvered mirror had such a minor influence to
be negligable.

However, I've just been "Scaled" with an OM-4 and
quickly noticed the difference in viewfinders.  The
image size in the OM-4 is smaller and feels dimmer.  I
can't verify that it is any dimmer, just that it feels
that way.

I seriously doubt that the dimness has anything to do
with the mirror, but most likely is a result of the
built in diopter adjustment and different prism.

Now, if you excuse me, I've got multi-spot to play
with.

Ken N.