Re: [OM] Will this flash set up work?

Subject: Re: [OM] Will this flash set up work?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 18:33:04 +0000
At 16:20 2/3/01, John Hudson asked:
[snip]
When the F280 fires it will trigger the slave and the Vivitar will fire. My query is this:

If I set the power output of the Vivitar will the flash output of the F280, whether in super FP mode or in normal OTF mode, take care of itself by reference to the output of the Vivitar and the strength of the surrounding ambient light?

I wouldn't do this in Super FP mode which will perform a dump through many small strobes. I don't know of any Vivitar that can operate Super FP.

With the F280 in TTL Auto, it should work provided the slave triggers fast enough and you can run the Vivitar in a "Normal Auto" mode similar to that of the T-series. I have run an T-32 and Sunpak simultaneously like this (T-32 in Normal Auto or TTL Auto; Sunpak in Normal Auto), but on cords, not with a slave trigger. Each will quench itself based on the total light it sees. It worked for me, but recommend you perform an experiment, as I did, to see how well it works before doing it for anything critical.

-- John