Re: [OM] Re:[OT] News Media Practices and the UNfree Press

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:[OT] News Media Practices and the UNfree Press
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 09:27:16 -0500
>*No coverage given to the fact that the US President who held office longer
>than anybody else used a wheelchair. (One has to wonder if the US would've
>recognized the abilities of the disabled far sooner had more been done with
>that story.)

They finally put a statue of FDR in his wheelchair at the FDR Memorial next
to the Tidal Basin on the Mall in DC. It was a struggle by many groups to get
that done....

>As far as US appetite for sensationalism, we're second to none. One has
>only to look at TV to see that. One wonders what it means when tabloidism
>on the Boob Tube consistantly outranks both hard news and learning shows.

"Hmmm, let's see what's on tonight.....'cross dressers and the women who love
them' or 'easy-bake cooking for beginners'...."

--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright