Re: [OM] Re:[OT] News Media Practices and the UNfree Press

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:[OT] News Media Practices and the UNfree Press
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 19:16:54 -0500
Winsor wrote:
Chris wrote:
 Why do bats hang upside down
instead of right-side up?

Let's see. I think it's something having to do with gravity and the fact their feet are on one end. :-)

Gregg

I thought it was lack of little trapezes.

I just heard today that they have researched and found that there is some kind of high pressure blood system, and that the legs and feet of the bat never go to sleep while hanging upside down. Makes sense now, doesn't it?

Gregg