Re: [OM] Re:[OT] News Media Practices and the UNfree Press

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:[OT] News Media Practices and the UNfree Press
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 18:31:12 -0700
On 2 Feb 2001, at 20:01, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Chill out! YOU may feel this way, but as long as people are posting to
> this topic, I guess THEY don't feel like you do.
>
> I don't care too much about the E-10...
[Snip!]
> I already have an F280...
[Snip!]
> I really don't care what OMs sold for in 1972...
[Snip!]
> I don't need diopter correction (yet)...
[Snip!]

If you'll notice, all of those topics have at least something to do with
Olympus cameras.  The 1st Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, the
fact FDR rode a wheelchair, the bad behavior of the American media,
the stoopid decisions of NASA that resulted in the Challenger tragedy,
the even stoopider decision of the U.S. government to allegedly cover it
up (with side comments 'bout other government cover-ups)...  NONE of
these seem to be remotely related to Olympus cameras.

All I was gently suggesting was that the discussion get back to
something that's at least remotely close to talking 'bout Olympus
cameras.  Of course, folks are welcome to ignore my gentle request if
they so wish.

> IMO, "OT" AND a subject heading is fair enough warning as to the topic, and
> don't blame me if you "wasted" download time.

I'm on a dedicated DSL connection, so I don't personally pay by the
minute or byte.  But, lotsa folks 'round here do.  And, for them, they
don't get to see that it's "[OT]" until *after* they've spent the time and/or
money downloading it.

Don't get me wrong, George, I *myself* wander off-topic from time to
time.  But, usually (no, *not* always...  I'm human, donchaknow!), I don't
go on, and on, and on, and on for days on end 'bout stuff that doesn't
have the foggiest to do with the list topic.

> See what I'm saying? (And I'm saying it with a smile, don't take it
> personal) <g>

No personal affront taken.  It was just a suggestion.  Go ahead and talk
'bout U.S. politics, U.S. scandals, and the U.S. media if you so wish.

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  By the way, since we weren't discussing them yet....  What did
you think of this year's Super Bowl?  How do you think Bush is doing so
far?  Who do you think is going to win this years Oscar for Best
Picture?  Is there life after death?  Why do bats hang upside down
instead of right-side up?  Is the Ford SUV better than the Chevy SUV?
Pick one...  let's start 'nuther thread!

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill