Re: [OM] [OT] Space shuttle

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Space shuttle
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 22:25:17 EST
I forgot to add that the recordings of the astronaut's voices in the accident
and the fall also exist which is the main reason they know they were alive.
The Florida newspapers sued to get them made public under the (I believe)
Freedom of Information Act as there is no National Security issues involved,
and for all intents and purposes, under US law there is no justification to
keep them secret. The judge hearing the case ruled against the papers after
he heard the tapes himself. Supposedly (and understandably) the contents are
very very horrible and would cause extreme distress to the public. So, they
stay secret.

George S.