Re: [OM] macro with oncamera flash

Subject: Re: [OM] macro with oncamera flash
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:15:04 EST
In a message dated 1/28/01 2:55:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> if i have a t32 sitting on top of a 1n and use the 50/3.5mac, will the
>  flash cover subject? all the way till 1:2 or approx how far? is the
>  aperture cals just like gn/distance or is there some other loss from lens
>  extension?
>
>  /Acer V

The T32 puts out an angle of flash equivalent to 28mm I think. You can figure
out the angle and draw some mental lines.  With the OM-1 you'll get the best
results doing all flash exposure calculations manually. Also, I think you
know this Acer, the flash tilts downward about 5 deg or so. I think the
biggest problem you will have is overexposure at the 1:2 magnification
distances. That's where those ND filters in the T32 filter pack come in
handy. You might also make use of the wide angle diffuser that comes with the
T32 filter pack also. Also you can look in your pantry for a diffuser (sorry
I deleted all those pantry posts)  which should act as a .3 or .6 density
reduction filter.

Warren