Re: [OM] Fw: Virus alert!

Subject: Re: [OM] Fw: Virus alert!
From: Nick Taylor <ntaylor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 17:58:20 -0800
Keith Berry wrote:

> Nick Taylor wrote:
> > Keith ... Please stop with the "virus alert" postings.  They serve no
> > useful purpose other than eating up bandwidth and increasing the
> > subscription costs to those who pay for their internet connection
> > by byte count or usage time.
>
> Right. I won't bother in the future.
> When I read it I didn't suspect a hoax and it seemed important enough at the
> time to warn my "friends" without delay.
>
> Keith (now in lurker mode) Berry

Thanks Keith.  IMO it isn't important whether or not the "virus"
is a hoax or not ... virus warnings do not do any good.  People
who have been on the internet for any length of time already know
not to open any executable files received via email.

Hint:  If you cannot resist opening teenage_cheerleaders.exe that
you received from SeePink.com, then get an old clunker PC and use
it (without an internet connection) for your experimentation.

Have fun,
  -Nick