Re: [OM] A bit OT - Trip to the US

Subject: Re: [OM] A bit OT - Trip to the US
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 06:59:36 -0700
On 26 Jan 2001, at 17:08, Dan Lau wrote:

> (you must drive slowly through Washington because you'll likely be stuck
> behind some camper or trailer, and they don't let you pass!!!).

If it's up here, instead of Washington State, it's probably *ME* so just
honk a couple of times and I'll letcha by.  (Cori and I drive people *nuts*
when we're on vacation cuz we prefer seeing the sights and, therefore,
do our travelling at 'bout 40mph.)

Btw, wherever he goes, here's my best recommendation...  Get OFF the
main road!  Doesn't matter which side trip you take, you'll always find
something interesting, unusual, or photogenic.  My idea of a vacation is
to have a general direction (north, south, etc.), and a final destination
(Aunt Matilda's), and everything in-between is decided on a "let's see
what's over there" basis.

> When you get to Vancouver, BC, stop.  Get yourself a place to live, a
> job, a wife, and settle down.  Stretch that 2-week vacation into 20
> years or so.

LOL!!!  You just described how I ended up here.  Back in '72 I left LA
and went to Vancouver in search of eskimos and igloos (seriously!) for a
3-week vacation.  Canada is home now.  :-)

> Then go visit LA.  :-)

Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't wanna live there!  (Sorry to Winsor and
any other SoCal residents.)

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)