Re: [OM] Re: Off-brand and house-brand films (was: Clark Labs film)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Off-brand and house-brand films (was: Clark Labs film)
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:05:06 EST
I thought it was a well-known fact that off-brand versions of a famous brand
was that famous brand's _previous_ formula. It's definitely true for Fuji and
Agfa. That certainly doesn't make it "inferior", just an older (maybe only 3
months older) formula. ( which, of course was great stuff just 3 months ago!)

George S.

lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Do I think house brand films occasionally contain inferior versions of the
 manufacturer's film?  Yeh, probably.  But I can't tell the difference
 between Walgreen's Agfa and Agfa's Agfa.  Nor between Polaroid's Fuji and
 Fuji's Fuji.  But Ferrania and Imation/3M are turds by any other name.