[OM] Re: Can I join the Doris Fang Club

Subject: [OM] Re: Can I join the Doris Fang Club
From: "Peter Davies" <peter.davies@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:04:44 +1100
Hi Folks

Thank you very much for admitting me.  Now if I can just find a 350/f2.8 ?

Some other fun I've been having lately is using the my version of a John Shaw
butterfly bracket with the telescoping extension tube and a 85/2 lens chasing
insects.  I'm really pleased with the clarity of the shots considering this
lens is considered as a portrait lens - its an early model silver nose and the
hairs in the bees are super sharp - another plus for the versitility of the
zuiko lens.

BTW I'd also like to thank the list for all the valuable information I've been
getting from it over the past few years.  Was anyone else on the very early
list set up by Anders whose surname I've forgotten?  That was a while ago.

Because I'm in digest mode (sometimes I have a backlog of digests to get
through also) I'm a little behind the current conversation.

If it helps I've noticed thet Craigs Camera has a copy of the 87 edition of
Shipman - thanks to Chuck I already have a copy - so I hope this helps.

At the moment I'm looking for a second hand 21/3.5 hood - but sorry I can't
swap the teleconverter for it.

BTW the teleconverter works great on the 300/4.5 - the first shots of a
neighbors television arial(sp) has some strange out of focus lines across it
which caused the heart to skip a beat or two - but of course it was a branch on
a tree.

Take care folks

Peter Davies