Re: [OM] Re: Off-brand and house-brand films (was: Clark Labs film)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Off-brand and house-brand films (was: Clark Labs film)
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:35:15 +0100
Yo,

on Tue, 23 Jan 2001 22:55:37 , Lex Jenkins wrote:

>Polaroid (usually labeled "One Film"): if the box says Made In Germany it's
>Agfa, probably HDC.  I've seen this film only in 100 and 200 ASA. Good
>stuff, saturated colors.
>
>Polaroid (usually labeled "High Definition"): if the box says Made In Japan
>or Made In The Netherlands it's Fuji, probably Super HQ.  At least the
>results resemble Super HQ.  Less saturated than Polaroid One Film.  Sharper?
>  Maybe.  Available in 100-400 ASA.  Pretty good stuff, nothing special,
>nothing wrong, I just prefer Fuji Superia.

Here's a new variant for you:
Today, at Media Markt (for those on the other side of the Great Pond:
something like the German Version of Circuit City or Best Buy) I happened
across a bin full of 12-exposure 100 ISO Film labeled Polaroid High
Definition. Two sides of the box are labeled with Media Markt's own
logo/current slogan. Made in Germany, so I suppose it must be Agfa. As I
like Agfa (actually, normally prefer it to Kodak, but not to Fuji), and so
far have liked all the Polaroid HD-Stuff I've used (never checked for the
different versions, though) I bought 9 rolls, especially as the price for a
roll is only the equivalent of about 63 US Cents at the current rate,
including negative development. And it isn't old film - the expiration date
on the boxes is Dec 2002. The film cartridge is also marked "HDF1" below the
clear text inscriptions - whatever that may mean.

Also got a roll of the new Agfa Vista 800, out of curiosity.

Hope I'll get around to trying both out one of these days.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx