RE: [OM] Batteries

Subject: RE: [OM] Batteries
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:54:57 -0700
Companies like Radio Shack usually buy from a variety of suppliers based
upon a set of specifications. How tightly the specs are written and how much
attention they pay to quality assurance has a great deal of effect on the
consistency of the product. I had a lot of trouble with leakage with Radio
Shack rechargeable batteries but that was about 10 years ago. They have
really tried to improve the quality of some of their products in the last
few years. I never used to have trouble with Duracell batteries but have had
several leakers lately. /jnm