[OM] 1600 ASA Film & Flashless Photography

Subject: [OM] 1600 ASA Film & Flashless Photography
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 18:09:34 -0700
Good Heavens!  You people *REALLY* need to get out more!  I left to
take some film for development (see below) and get a haircut, and then
had drop by for a.  When I get back there's 50 unready messages
waiting for me!  :-)

Anyway....

Yesterday I posted a message 'bout trying Fuji SuperHQ 1600 ASA film
with an 80A filter, all using my OM-2 and the 50/1.4 lens without
resorting to flash.  Photos were taken at a staff party last night.  Today,
we took the film in for developing at Costco.

***WOW!!!!***

They came out ***REALLY*** nice!!!  Yeah, sure, the grain is
noticeable, but the colors are almost bang-on and, as I mentioned in a
was shoving a flash in their face.  I'm VERY impressed!

I'll try and scan a couple of the better shots and post them as examples
to my web site.  As a comparison, I'll also scan a couple of flashless
shots taken with Kodak Gold 200.

Gonna pick-up s'more of that stuff tomorrow!  Next test is gonna be
using it outdoors with an ND4 filter.

Regards,

Chris

---