Re: [OM] Books with Olympus Pictures

Subject: Re: [OM] Books with Olympus Pictures
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 17:57:00 -0800
Chris bonnington has used OM cameras throughout his career. I recall at one
point reading that the cameras  & lenses were CLAed and 'wintereized' for most
of the expeditions. Not sure if any other modifications were ever done. FWIW I
have had no problems with OMs when climbing (even in winter) with the
exception of my orginal OM-2s which would eat batteries at a an amazxing rate.
I think that was due to a combination of factors including being carried in a
pack (shutter release button can easily be depressed) and not knowing at the
time about the proper battery for the camera. I recall one trip going through
FOUR sets of batteries, and still shooting the last day at 1/60th manual
speed!

Jim Couch