Re: [OM] Books with Olympus Pictures

Subject: Re: [OM] Books with Olympus Pictures
From: Simon Evans <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:47:49 GMT
Further to my earlier note, I found the article. From Practical Photography
March 1992:

"These days I use the OM4Ti at low altitudes and the OM1 above the snowline
because it's not bothered by the cold and it's very robust. During a climb
it's incredibly difficult to change lenses - you don't have the mental
energy - so I tend to stick with just one lens, usually a 24mm, and take a
35-70 zoom as a back-up. I prefer Kodachrome 25 abover the snowline and
Kodachrome 200 everywhere else. Kodachrome 25 is a superb film. I've used it
for so long that I know what exposures it will give without relying on  meter."

At the time his book, "Chris Bonington - Moutaineer" had just been
published. He also used an XA and XA-4 (the latter for its then unique
feature of having a 28mm lens).

By strange coincidence today's Mail on Sunday newspaper has an interview
with him. He has published a new book, "Quest for Adventure". He also has an
article in "Voices from the Summit", published by National Geographic.
Accompanying the interview was a photo by Graham Little, of CB on top of The
Needle in Greenland, 1993. Hung around his neck is an OM with small prime
lens (lens cap off), in an ER case.

http://www.bonington.com

Simon E.