[OM] Carrying It

Subject: [OM] Carrying It
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:18:30 -0800
With all the competing and conflicting flight baggage requirements including last minute airline rule changes like requiring the second carryon to be checked because of crowded conditions, what do other people do when travelling overseas. So far to meet everyone's minimum requirements it looks like one 45inch carryon not weighing over 15 pounds(!) and one checked bag not weighing over 44 pounds. I was thinking about getting something like a too pricey LowePro Rover daypack which can stow a body with medium telephoto and a couple of lenses and accessories in the bottom with space in the top for a jacket, lunch, souvenir, whatever. Or would it be better to use a compact shoulder bag that will go in the bottom 2/3 of a carryon and just worry about lugging the smaller bag when I am sight seeing. What do other people find that works well when travelling like this?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA