[OM] Re: Zuiko 50/1.2 and 55/1.2 Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 50/1.2 and 55/1.2 Lenses
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:37:57
Perhaps I should clarify by saying I think the normal lens is preferable for other than head-and-shoulders portraiture. I can't think of a category for demi-length or full-length portraiture because terms like "glamour" photography seem to imply nudity or semi-nudity.

I'm thinking more along the lines of fashion photography, in which one is capturing more than just the subject's head and shoulders or face. For that I prefer a normal lens, and would really prefer an f/1.2 if I could afford it.

I generally prefer this type of portraiture for the context. A person is more than just a face.

Lex
===

Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 06:24:40 +0100
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I always thought that the longer lens (the short tele) was used for
portraiture because it offered less close-up distortion of, say, the
nose in relation to the remainder of the face (than a shorter focal
length like the 50, any 50).